rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday 6 January 2009

Rain on me...


The best thing I love about June and July is the rain..
There's nothing better than getting wet and sticky and coming home and drying yourself and looking at the clean green earth.
This is something I wrote down to show my appreciation for
nature's gift..It's long so please bear with me.




RAIN ON ME.

Pitter patter
Shimmer shatter
sounds on my window-pane.
Looking up from my world,I realise
It's none other than my beloved rain.

I run outside to my balcony
I've waited for it long enough.
I stand there..watching..sinking it in
Looking at nature engulfed in love.

The smell of the kiss
when the rains' lips touches the earth's.
The mud softens and flows with it's lover.
It has taken a new birth.

Umbrellas open up,
black,stripes and polka dots
The people hidden in the over-turned cups
don't know yet what they have lost.

The rain stops to look at us.
Forms little puddles, large enough
for paper bits and boats to come out
bare feet running, on and about.

I eye them with jealousy..
I look at my reflection in the dirty streams.
Then,I notice the glass ceiling I made for myself.
I realised I still hadn't freed my dreams.

All my life I wanted to be:
The urchin sprinting on the wet tar road.
The kid with the water buffaloes running the fields.
The couple dancing under the rain, middle of nowhere.

I wanted to be wet.I wanted to be watery.
I wanted the rain to never die.I wanted to be free.

I then run again, onto the road..
and in the middle, I prance alone.
I spread my hands out like a plane,
I fly alone,amidst the rain.

Some dirty faces stop and see
staring at me in disbelief,
They look at each other but join in soon..
They too know of God's best boon.

From their balconies, clean faces stare..
Is she mad?How can she dare?
I look at them and smile at the feeling
Of having broken my glassy ceiling.

I dance alone, eyes closed, round and round..
The rain has got me so spellbound..
and then, he comes and holds my hands,
"I too love the rain, so shall we dance?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment